Applying for one of our courses can, at first sight, be a complicated procedure. We are trying hard to make your life easier by collecting as much information as we can on this website. Besides that you can always contact us! Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions!
In this section we'll try to address some general procedures concerning your application to one of our programmes. When you've chosen the programme you want to apply for, you can fill in our online application form.
General entry requirements
For all Saxion pathways the following general entry requirements are necessary:
- The student must demonstrate that he/she has the ability, motivation and determination to successfully complete the course;
- The student must meet the requirements for Dutch higher education through a diploma of secondary education/high school diploma with good results, such as for Dutch students VWO, HAVO or MBO and for foreign students diplomas which are equivalent to e.g. the German Arbitur (algemeine Hochschulreife), the British GCE A-levels or (I) GCSE grades A, B or C, the French Baccalauréat, or the American High School (top stream or plus 1 year’s college);
- The student must have sufficient English language skills for the specific course. For both Bachelor and Master Courses the entry requirement is an IELTS score of 6.0 or an equivalent in another language test (TOEFL, etc.).
Specific Entry Requirements to the International Programmes
Next to the general entry requirements, which apply to all students, for each level of entrance specific requirements are needed.
- Entrance to the first year of the 4-year Bachelor Courses:
- A diploma of secondary education with the required subjects, these vary per course.
- Entrance to the Short degree programmes:
- Having successfully completed three years of higher education in the discipline of further study.
- Or a Bachelor Degree in a relevant branch of study.
- Entrance to the Master Courses
- A Bachelor Degree in a field related to the discipline of study. For some of our master courses 1 or 2 years of (relevant) working experience is compulsory.
- If you're interested in enrolling in our Preparatory courses, please contact us by email.
The student's qualifications will be assessed by the Admission Officer of the specific Course on the basis of provided Diplomas, Curriculum Vitae, a letter of motivation and if necessary an Intake Interview.
How to apply
You can apply for the course of your choice by completing our online application form. Besides that, you'll have to submit the following documents to complete your application
- 1 copy of passport
- 1 legalized copy of your High School diploma (including mark/grade lists), both in the original language and English translation
- 1 legalized copy of all Higher Education qualification (including mark/grade lists), both in the original language and English translation
- Proof of English language proficiency (if applicable): TOEFL, IELTS or other type of score mentioned in the entrance requirement of each course
- Curriculum Vitae