If you're a first-year student, are progressing well in your studies and are willing to invest some spare time and effort into something new, then a Top Talent Programme would be perfect for you!
Top Talent Programmes help you to get more out of studies and your own talents by broadening or deepening your knowledge. They're fun and a great way to boost your personal development. Get your career off to a flying start with an upgraded Bachelor!
Broadening or deepening
There are two versions of Top Talent Programmes: an Honours Programme and an Excellence Track. Whichever programme you choose, you will follow them from the second year of your studies alongside your core Bachelor programme. Both versions last three years.
You can choose to join one of the following types of Top Talent programmes:
- Honours programmes to broaden your knowledge
- Excellence tracks to deepen your knowledge
If you successfully finish one of these tracks, you will maximize your potential and gain a competitive edge in the job market.
The estimated study hours in a Top Talent Programme are equal to 30 credits (ECs), distributed over several years (one or two mornings or afternoons per week). However, the ECs you earn in Top Talent Programme are not counted as the ECs you require for your bachelor’s degree programme.
If you complete a Top Talent Programme with no delays and have achieved a good grade point average* your degree certificate will have a mention of distinction.
A Top Talent Programme does not affect the duration of your core bachelor’s degree programme. Ending the Top Talent Programme early also has no impact on your core bachelor’s programme.
* You must obtain at least a 7 or higher for your regular graduation in your bachelor. For some bachelorstudies this is one product, for example a thesis. In other bachelors, graduation consists of several tests to be passed, of which the weighted average must be at least a 7.
Which Honours Programmes are currently offered in English?
Liberal Arts & Sciences: Global Citizenship
Creativity in Finance & Management
- Conscious Business Challenge
- Changing Leadership
- Innovation and Business Creation
Which Excellence Tracks are currently offered in English?
- Advanced Applied Technologies
- Export Expertise (will be phased out from 2022)
- Creative Technology Research
- Research on Innovating Organizations
- Brain & Technology
Please visit mysaxion.nl/toptalent for more detailed information about the Top Talent Programmes.
Top Talent students are proactive; they identify opportunities and go for them. They are usually very eager to learn more and look for new perspectives on people’s behaviour and situations – they want to further their personal development.