In the Netherlands we have the typical holidays, but also some belonging to the Dutch culture. We've set all dates for the new year in chronological order.
1st hour: 08.30 - 09.15h
9th hour: 15.00 - 15.45h
2nd hour: 09.15 - 10.00
10th hour: 15.45 - 16.30
3rd hour: 10.15 - 11.00
11th hour: 16.30 - 17.15
4th hour: 11.00 - 11.45
12th hour: 17.15 - 18.00
5th hour: 11.45 - 12.30
13th hour: 18.15 - 19.00
6th hour: 12.30 - 13.15
14th hour: 19.00 - 19.45
7th hour: 13.15 - 14.00
15th hour: 20.00 - 20.45
8th hour: 14.00 - 14.45
16th hour: 20.45 - 21.30
Holidays 2022 - 2023
|Whit Monday||Monday 29 May 2023|
|Summer holidays||Monday 24 July - Friday 25 August 2023|
|(Saxion INTRO)||Monday 28 August - Thursday 31 August 2023|
Check our regular opening hours.
Holidays 2023 - 2024
|Autumn holidays||Monday 23 October - Friday 27 October 2023|
|Christmas||Monday 25 December and Tuesday 26 December 2023|
|New Year's Day||Monday 1 January 2024|
|Christmas holidays||Monday 25 December 2023 - Friday 5 January 2024|
|Spring holidays||Monday 19 February - Friday 23 February 2024|
|Good Friday||Friday 29 March 2024|
|Easter Monday||Monday 1 April 2024|
|May holidays||Monday 29 April - Friday 3 May 2024|
|Ascension day||Thursday 9 May 2024 (school also closed Friday 10 May)|
|Whit Monday||Monday 20 May 2024|
|Summer holidays||Monday 22 July - Friday 23 August 2024|
|(Saxion introduction)||Monday 26 August - Thursday 29 August 2024|
Opening hours Saxion locations during holidays
- During the holidays, the Ko Wierenga building is open from 8.00-16.30 hours. Between Christmas and New Year, and on national holidays, we are closed. We are also closed the Friday after Ascension Day.
- The Epy Drost building is open from 08.00-16.30 hours. This building is closed during the Christmas holiday (2 weeks) and part of the summer holiday (3 weeks).
- The Edith Stein building is open from 08.00-16.30 hours. This building is closed during the Christmas holiday (2 weeks) and part of the summer holiday (3 weeks).
- Villa Serphos and the Randstad building are closed during all holidays.
- During the holidays, the building is open from 8.00-16.30 hours. Between Christmas and New Year, and on national holidays, we are closed. We are also closed the Friday after Ascension Day.
- The SVB-building and 'het Ketelhuis' are closed during all holidays.
On national holidays and during the vacations, the Saxion location in Apeldoorn is closed. We are also closed on the Friday after Ascension Day.
Employees and students can divert to the locations in Enschede and Deventer during the vacation period (except between Christmas and New Year's Eve, on national holidays and on the Friday after Ascension Day).