Dutch law requires every citizen to be insured for at least Health Care and Liability. European students (both exchange and regular) can use their own health care insurance. Saxion will arrange liability insurance for all European students, this is compulsory.

European students need a European Health Card, which is issued by your own insurance company. Please refer to them for specific details. Make sure you are properly insured for the cost of health care.  

Liability insurance is essential in the Netherlands, because whenever someone damages property (of others) or injures people, he/she is immediately held financially responsible. Saxion will arrange this insurance for you, which will cost you a small amount each year. For a complete overview of costs, please check our fee-structure.

If you don't use a European Health Card, Saxion can provide a complete insurance-package for you. Which includes Health Care and Liability.

Insurance not arranged by Saxion

Students should be aware that Saxion cannot arrange Travel Insurance, Property Insurance (for theft, fire, etc in your home) or other kinds of Insurance then the items mentioned above.